Johnnie Walker Whiskey
Diageo Plc (DGE), the world’s largest distiller, is relying on spirits such as Johnnie Walker whisky and Smirnoff vodka to drive expansion in Africa as economic growth boosts incomes and demand climbs for premium drinks.
Diageo, based in London, is in the process of registering a distribution company to strengthen the business in Angola, said Ekwunife Okoli, managing director for Africa Regional Markets. It’s opened a Gilbeys gin factory in Mozambique and plans to begin bottling Smirnoff Ice in the southeast African country to exploit economic growth, he said.
Read more: Diageo Targets Africa Growth With Spirits Ahead of Beer – Bloomberg.
- Diageo: Could Africa Be The Motor For Growth?
- Diageo’s CEO Menezes sees Africa rising to 20% of sales after investing over $1B in the continent over the past five years
- Coca-Cola & SABMiller strike deal to create Africa’s largest bottling operation
- Diageo Dissolves Heineken Venture to Go Solo in South Africa
- Into Africa: The continent’s Cities of Opportunity – PwC (Video, Presentation, and Report)
- Africa Report 2015 – Real Estate Markets in a Continent of Growth and Opportunity: Knight Frank (Infographics & Report)
- Shop Africa 2016 (Report & Infographics): Knight Frank
- 3 reasons things are looking up for African economies: McKinsey & World Economic Forum
- Foreign brewers battle for Ethiopia’s beer drinkers
- The IMF Says The World’s In A Mess – But Not Africa
- Why Diageo, PZ Cussons, and Atlas Mara are betting big on Africa
- M&A activity heats up in Africa as investors bet on growth
- African economic growth: The twilight of the resource curse?
- Looking back to move forward: Elsie Kanza, Senior Director & Head of Africa, World Economic Forum
- Nigeria’s Arik Air launches frequent flyer program – Arik Affinity Wings
- Africa’s Prospects – Macro Environment, Business, Consumer and Retail Outlook Indicators (Infographics & Report): Nielsen
- Compelling investment markets in Africa – Inside Riscura’s Bright Africa 2015 Report: Debbie O’Hanlon, Senior Analyst, RisCura (Infographics)
- Real GDP Growth Rates (2007 – 2017) of Countries in Africa (Interactive Map & Chart)
- Made in Africa: Ethiopia positions itself as manufacturing alternative to China
- To make it big in Africa, a business must succeed in Nigeria, the continent’s largest market
- U.S. Export Agency Doubles Africa Offices to Help Boost Trade
- Citi to Deutsche Bank on charm offensive in Africa as banks clamor for bond issuance deals
- MasterCard and Ecobank partner to accelerate electronic payments adoption in 28 Sub-Saharan African countries
- Top property markets in Africa
- Nigeria Deals Seen by Year-End as Equity Valuations Decline
- Expert opinion: Where in Africa would you invest $1 million?
- World’s largest spirits maker Diageo to pay up to $36M for full control of South Africa’s United National Breweries
- 7 African countries with booming ecommerce markets
- Ethiopia bets on grand projects in drive for industrial power
- Building a Boston in Cape Town: $13B dream rises from ashes of apartheid
- Private equity firm Vital Capital plans $500M Africa fund as demand booms
- Heineken’s Ethiopia Plans Highlight Importance of African Market
- How not to write about Africa: Use “African Spring”
- South Africa losing buyout allure to fast-growing Sub-Saharan African rivals
- KKR to invest $100M in Africa over the next year and make Nigeria regional base
- From chefs to musicians, talented ‘re-pats’ come back to build a modern Ethiopia
- African Entrepreneurs – A new generation leads the way: Financial Times (Report)
- Nampak Plans Glass Factories in Africa’s Most Populous Nations
- High stakes for high reward? Real estate funds come to Africa
- European Investment Bank Plans Africa Expansion Amid Growth