Following the exit of Dr. Kingsley Moghalu as a Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) at the end of his five-year term, Nigeria‘s president, Goodluck Jonathan, has nominated Dr. Joseph Nnanna for the job.
Dr. Nnanna’s name has been sent to the Senate Committee on Banking and Currency for screening and approval.
Dr. Nnanna is a former Director of Research at the central bank. Dr. Nnanna also worked as the Special Assistant to the CBN Governor from 1994 to 1999. Prior to the CBN, Dr. Nnanna was a Staff Economist and Desk Officer at the Washington, D.C.-based International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Dr. Joseph Nnnanna holds degrees in Public Policy and Economics from William Paterson University and the University of Houston.
Source: Nigeria Business News.
- Deputy Governor of Nigeria’s Central Bank Kingsley Moghalu announces resignation
- Replace Nigeria’s patrimony of oil with the politics of hope: Kingsley Moghalu, former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
- Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu, former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and Sogato CEO, appointed Professor at Tufts University’s Fletcher School
- The most important job in Nigeria right now
- Etisalat Nigeria rebrands to 9mobile
- Nigeria unveils new 100 Naira note design commemorating 100 years of Nigeria’s amalgamation
- Nigeria’s Power Industry Bailout Heads Off Threat to Lenders
- Buhari vs. Jonathan – Beyond the Election: Chukwuma Charles Soludo, former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- He was Nigeria’s worst Central Bank Governor ever, says Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria’s Minister of Finance, about Charles Soludo, former Central Bank Governor
- Central Bank of Nigeria sees pressure on Naira easing after vote
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) keeps key interest rate on hold at 13%
- Nigeria’s Naira is taking a beating from low oil prices and political uncertainty
- Nigeria’s president replaces “bad bank” AMCON CEO Mustafa Chike-Obi with Ahmed Lawan Kuru
- South Africa in the BRICS – A brave new world
- Buhari pursues cabinet to boost Nigeria’s economy and battle Boko Haram
- Buhari will release full audit on Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- A new way forward for Nigeria: Mark Mobius, Executive Chairman, Templeton Emerging Markets Group
- Moody’s Says Nigeria’s Economy Resilient in Face of Oil Plunge
- IFC invests $50M in Nigeria’s Seven Energy debt issuance
- Will Emir Lamido Sanusi, Nigeria’s former Central Bank Governor, ruffle feathers?
- Lamido Sanusi, former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, named as new Emir of Kano
- Nigeria signs $1.2M PR deal to improve image after Boko Haram kidnappings
- South Africa’s economy regains rank as Africa’s biggest on rand appreciation (Infographic)
- Here are the eight candidates running for African Development Bank President
- Kenya’s President Kenyatta said to be considering Haron Sirima as next Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya
- Meet the Kenyan entrepreneur who built an $800 million asset management firm
- Global X MSCI Nigeria ETF: Speculative multi-year play approaching attractive valuation
- Nigeria’s former Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi criticizes President Buhari’s currency policy
- Abdul-Nashiru Issahuku appointed Governor of the Bank of Ghana
- Nigeria’s UBA Group appoints Kennedy Uzoka as Managing Director, Victor Osadolor as Deputy MD
- Sola David-Borha appointed Standard Bank Group Africa CEO, Yinka Sanni appointed Stanbic IBTC Holdings CEO & Demola Sogunle appointed Stanbic IBTC Bank CEO
- Is #Nigeria’s central bank governor Godwin #Emefiele being made a scape goat? Are low oil prices good for #Nigeria? #ABCView
- Building a Boston in Cape Town: $13B dream rises from ashes of apartheid
- Nigeria’s New Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele, Seeks Stable Naira & Rate Cuts
- President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (“GEJ”) of Nigeria is clueless, incompetent, and callous: 35 reasons why this is a big lie
- In spite of Nigeria’s progress, somehow the global community & media seems to focus on the negative: Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to the President of Nigeria
- Nigeria launches national electronic ID cards in partnership with MasterCard
- How Nigeria’s top tycoons made their fortunes
- Nigeria targets $10B capitalization for proposed Wholesale Development Bank of Nigeria (WDBN): Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria’s Minister of Finance
- UBA Group Appoints Tony Elumelu as Chairman