Izwe Loans recently listed Ghana‘s first cedi-denominated corporate bond on the Ghana Alternative Market (GAX) of the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE). Izwe Loans listed a total of GH¢39 million ($12.15M).
In addition to the bond capital raise, the listing gives Izwe Loans broader exposure, further enabling the Pan-African financial services provider for success, said Izwe Loans’ Managing Director, Kwakye Bismarck.
Kwakye Bismarck said the medium-term bond issue is the first step in setting up Izwe Loans for future access to the capital markets for growth.
“It provides investors with additional opportunities to what is currently offered in the fixed income market, and investors can benefit from the enhanced liquidity of corporate bonds as they are tradable on the GSE,” said Mr. Bismarck.
The tenors of the issued bonds range from 1 to 3 years.
Izwe Loans will use proceeds from the bond issue to fund the company’s loan book, as well as strengthen Izwe’s ability to manage liquidity.
The cedi bond listing by Izwe Loans will encourage other companies to list on the Ghana Alternative Market (GAX), said GAX Board Chairman, Samuel Agyepong Apenteng.
The Ghana Alternative Market (GAX) is part of efforts by the Ghana Stock Exchange and the Venture Capital Trust Fund to encourage small businesses to list on the local exchange to raise medium to long term funds.
Izwe Loans is a specialist finance company targeting the formally-employed market with an unsecured term-loan offering. The company has operations in South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, and
Source: Ghana gets first cedi corporate bond listing | Business News 2014-11-17.
- Databank acts as sponsoring broker for inaugural listing on the Ghana Alternative Market (GAX)
- Samba Foods becomes first Ghanaian company to list on Ghana Alternative Market (GAX)
- Africa Exchange Guide 2015: African Alliance Capital Markets (Presentation)
- Listing on African Stock Exchanges – Extractive Industries: KPMG (Report)
- MTN Ghana considers listing on Ghana Stock Exchange: Serame Taukobong, CEO, MTN Ghana
- Vodafone Ghana to list on Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE): Haris Broumidis, CEO, Vodafone Ghana
- MTN Ghana prepares for IPO in 2017
- How Ghana’s Stock Exchange Is Boosting Listings: Ekow Afedzie, Deputy MD, Ghana Stock Exchange (Video)
- Kenya’s Capital Markets Authority approves listing of first ETF
- Taking the temperature of Africa’s stock markets
- IPO Watch Africa 2014: PwC (Infographics & Report)
- Bloomberg and Ghana Fixed Income Market (GFIM) launch trading system for Ghana government bonds
- The African economy: Better than people think
- South Africa losing buyout allure to fast-growing Sub-Saharan African rivals
- Arise BV acquires 28% stake in Ghana’s CAL Bank as DPI successfully exits
- How will US monetary tightening impact African markets?
- Here are 4 ways for American investors to invest in Africa right now
- Private equity firm Abraaj is interested in buying Barclays Africa (Infographics & Video)
- South Africa’s Stanlib seeks property returns abroad as domestic growth slows
- Nigeria Stock Exchange Chasing A Trillion Dollar Market Cap: Oscar Onyema, CEO, Nigerian Stock Exchange (Video)
- Five private equity funds targeting real estate investments in Nigeria (Photos)
- Integrating West African stock exchanges could boost liquidity: Ade Bajomo, Executive Director, Market Operations & Technology, Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote eyes 2016 London Stock Exchange listing of Dangote Cement (Video)
- African debt capital markets resilient in face of growth challenges
- African Markets Guide 2015: Barclays (Report)
- London Stock Exchange eyes dual listings on West African capital markets
- Venture capital funding for African tech startups is really taking off – here’s why
- Flutterwave, an online payments company founded by Nigerian 26-year old, raises over $10 million in series A financing (Infographic)
- Citi to Deutsche Bank on charm offensive in Africa as banks clamor for bond issuance deals
- Letshego acquires AFB Ghana in second West African acquisition
- Venture Capital Firm 500 Startups Seeks First Nigeria Tech Deals
- Ringier Africa and One Africa Media form joint venture
- African tech startups raise record-breaking $370M in 2016: Partech Ventures (Infographic)
- Nairobi Securities Exchange Valued at 1.84B Shillings ($21M) for IPO
- Spotlight on Southern Africa Private Equity (Report & Infographic): African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA)
- Ghana’s startup hub pioneer MEST is going pan-African with a $50 million fund
- Building the Entrepreneurial Base in Africa: J. Eric Wright, Chairman, Africa Venture Partners
- Zambia’s largest phone company MTN Zambia to list on Lusaka Stock Exchange
- Pizza Hut looks to grab slice of South Africa’s restaurant market
- Ghanaian new media company, OMG Digital, raises $1.1M in seed funding