Amaka Onwughalu, Interim Managing Director of Mainstreet Bank
Skye Bank has appointed Amaka Onwughalu as the interim Managing Director for Mainstreet Bank Limited.
Skye Bank recently acquired Mainstreet Bank from the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).
Nigeria’s Skye Bank completes payment for acquisition of Mainstreet Bank
Amaka Onwughalu will continue in her role as Deputy Managing Director (DMD) at Skye Bank.
AMCON formally handed over the management of Mainstreet Bank to Skye Bank on December 18, 2014. Directors of Mainstreet Bank also resigned their appointments on that date.
Mainstreet Bank is now being headed by an interim management board that includes Onwughalu as Managing Director, as well as Dotun Adeniyi as an Executive Director. Mainstreet Bank’s interim management board is expected to head the bank for the next six months.
Onwughalu was appointed to the Board of Skye Bank on November 30, 2008. The bank’s statement of her appointment described her as an astute bank administrator with over 27 years of experience. Until April 2005, Onwughalu was the Acting Managing Director of Reliance Bank. Skye Bank was formed in 2006, as a result of the merger of Reliance Bank and four banks.
During Amaka Onwughalu’s tenure as Deputy Managing Director at Skye Bank, she has been in charge of the following groups: Treasury, International Funding, and Corporate Banking. Additionally, Onwughalu has headed international subsidiaries of the bank in her capacity as Deputy Managing Director.
Dotun Adeniyi was appointed to the board of Skye Bank on November 30, 2008. The bank’s statement of his appointment described Adeniyi as a banker with over 28 years of experience spanning corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, international trade finance, and banking operations.
Adeniyi is currently Skye Bank’s Chief Risk Officer. Adeniyi started his banking career as a trainee manager with the United Bank for Africa (UBA) in 1986.
Source: Nigeria Business News.
- Nigeria’s Skye Bank completes payment for acquisition of Mainstreet Bank
- Skye Bank picked as buyer for Nigeria’s nationalized lender Mainstreet Bank
- Nigeria’s AMCON to start Keystone Bank sale after elections
- Nigeria’s Heritage is acquiring Enterprise Bank for $340M
- Nigeria’s Power Industry Bailout Heads Off Threat to Lenders
- Nigeria’s Too Big to Fail Bank Rules Spur Bond Sale Rush
- Nigeria’s Skye Bank plans $251M rights issue after debt sale
- U.S. investor seeks to stop sale of Nigerian bank Mainstreet
- Nigeria’s AMCON to Repay 800 Billion Naira of Bonds This Year
- Barclays Africa Seeks Nigerian Investment Banking License
- Nigeria’s AMCON to sell Air Nigeria assets
- Mobile telephony enables Nigerian banks to fine tune services
- Armed with fintech and fueled by data: Africa’s banker of tomorrow
- Timothy Oguntayo takes charge as Skye Bank CEO
- Transcorp announces appointment of Emmanuel Nnorom as new CEO
- Nigeria’s president replaces “bad bank” AMCON CEO Mustafa Chike-Obi with Ahmed Lawan Kuru
- Ecobank’s comeback on course
- UBA Group Appoints Tony Elumelu as Chairman
- Nigeria’s UBA Group appoints Kennedy Uzoka as Managing Director, Victor Osadolor as Deputy MD
- Deputy Governor of Nigeria’s Central Bank Kingsley Moghalu announces resignation
- Bob Diamond’s Atlas Mara successfully increases stake in Union Bank of Nigeria to 29.9%
- Ayodele Somefun appointed Managing Director of Nigeria’s Unity Bank
- Nigeria’s Fidelity Bank raises $151M via bond issue to boost lending
- Africa’s richest man Dangote makes bid to acquire controlling stake of Peugeot Nigeria
- Nigerian central bank offers some relief to country’s banking sector
- Is there hidden value in Nigeria’s Stanbic IBTC?
- African Bank not a proxy for South Africa’s banking industry: Sizwe Nxasana, CEO, FirstRand
- FirstRand Targets $924M for Expansion in Africa
- Iran’s Kouros Capital interested in Nigeria’s NITEL and Bridge Banks
- Africa is the fastest growth region for private banking globally: New World Wealth
- He was Nigeria’s worst Central Bank Governor ever, says Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria’s Minister of Finance, about Charles Soludo, former Central Bank Governor
- The most important job in Nigeria right now
- Nigeria banks trying to stabilize 9mobile ahead of sale, FBN says
- How Nigeria’s banks are innovating
- Nigeria’s UBA plans African expansion, says Chairman Tony Elumelu
- Nigeria’s central bank orders banks to disclose bad debtors
- Nigeria’s four newest billionaires: Tony Elumelu, Cletus Ibeto, Benedict Peters, & Akanimo Udofia
- The 20 most valuable companies in Nigeria
- Blackstone and Black Rhino announce appointment of Lamido Sanusi, Emir of Kano and former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, as Chairman of Black Rhino
- Game Changers Africa: A profile of Tony Elumelu, Chairman of Heirs Holdings, UBA and Transcorp (Video)