Mutiu Sunmonu, former Managing Director of Shell Nigeria
Royal Dutch Shell has appointed Osagie Okunbor as the new Managing Director of its Nigerian subsidiary, the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd (SPDC).
Osagie Okunbor takes over from the former Managing Director, Mutiu Sunmonu, who is retiring after 36 years of service, according to a statement yesterday by the company’s corporate media relations manager, Precious Okolobo.
Osagie Okunbor, the statement added, has also been named the Country Chair of Shell Companies in Nigeria, combining the two positions as was the case with his predecessor. Osagie Okunbor becomes the third Nigerian to hold both posts.
A graduate of Business Administration from the University of Benin, Okunbor is an accomplished professional, who brings over 28 years of industry experience and expertise to the job.
Shell to pay out $83M to settle Nigeria oil spill claims
Commenting on the appointment, Vice President, Nigeria & Gabon, Shell Upstream, Markus Droll said: “We are delighted to see another Nigerian at the helm of affairs in Shell Nigeria. Mutiu has worked very hard over these years, managing production and setting a new agenda in dealing with communities, government, and other key stakeholders. We’re confident that Osagie will consolidate and build on the progress we have made in the past years,” he said.
According to Shell’s statement, Osagie Okunbor has worked in Nigeria, the UK, Brunei, and, currently, The Netherlands. His previous assignments include Vice President, Human Resources for Shell’s Upstream Business in Sub-Saharan Africa and Vice President, Infrastructure and Logistics, Shell Nigeria.
Osagie Okunbor is currently Senior Advisor in Shell’s Upstream international-operated business, based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Okunbor assumes his new role on March 1, 2015, based in Port Harcourt.
Osagie Okunbor, who enjoys music and football in his spare time, is married and blessed with children, the statement added.
Source: allAfrica.com: Nigeria: Shell Appoints Osagie Okunbor New Managing Director in Nigeria.
- How Nigeria’s top tycoons made their fortunes
- Shell to pay out $83M to settle Nigeria oil spill claims
- Seven Energy Seeks Nigeria Partnership to Boost Gas
- Nigeria state oil group NNPC taps private sector for top ranks
- Vitol partners with private equity firm Helios in $276M deal to buy 60% of Oando’s downstream business
- African Debt Offers Some Respite as Bond Rout Sweeps Globe
- Nigeria’s UBA Group appoints Kennedy Uzoka as Managing Director, Victor Osadolor as Deputy MD
- Nigeria’s four refineries to resume production next month, says NNPC official
- GE proposes investing in Nigeria’s oil refineries
- Nigerian Law May Usher in Billion-Dollar Steel-Pipe Business
- South Africa prepares to give shale gas go ahead
- Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote courts Blackstone to boost Nigerian gas
- In Africa’s oil capital, Africa’s richest man built an empire on sugar
- Returnee Amy Jadesimi in quest for bigger role in Nigeria’s energy industry
- Sub-Saharan Africa’s national oil companies have big ambitions. Funding remains a challenge: Rolake Akinkugbe, Head of Energy and Natural Resources, FBN Capital
- Nigeria Seen by McKinsey in World’s Top 20 Economies by 2030: Acha Leke, Partner, McKinsey
- New generation of Nigerian consumers is drawing retailers from all over the world
- African M&A deal volume at a seven year high, says Mergermarket
- Redefining African Luxury in Lagos, Nigeria
- Continental drift: Africa39, an anthology of writing from south of the Sahara, is too good to miss
- Buhari will release full audit on Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- Nigeria-focused oil producer Afren appoints industry veteran Alan Linn as CEO
- Shell’s Niger Delta settlement could bring more claims
- Cheap oil: Who are the winners and losers in Africa?
- President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (“GEJ”) of Nigeria is clueless, incompetent, and callous: 35 reasons why this is a big lie
- Nigeria proposes broad oil sector overhaul and potential NNPC stock exchange listing
- Nigeria appoints former ExxonMobil Vice Chairman Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as Group Managing Director of state oil firm NNPC
- Bloomberg African Business Weekly: Afreximbank, PTA Bank, South African Private Equity, Powering Rwanda, & Agriculture in Gabon (Video)
- Nigeria’s new Oba of Benin: The coronation of a lifetime (Photos)
- Oando moves to Nigeria’s top league with $1.5B ConocoPhillips deal
- Interswitch: Africa’s first ‘unicorn’?
- Nigeria’s president fires the entire board of state-run oil company NNPC
- Nigeria’s four newest billionaires: Tony Elumelu, Cletus Ibeto, Benedict Peters, & Akanimo Udofia
- China’s Embrace of Africa: Development or Imperialism (Video)
- He was Nigeria’s worst Central Bank Governor ever, says Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria’s Minister of Finance, about Charles Soludo, former Central Bank Governor
- Oando completes $1.65B acquisition of ConocoPhillips’ Nigerian assets
- Buhari pursues cabinet to boost Nigeria’s economy and battle Boko Haram
- Nigeria is projected to be the first African country to hit $1 trillion in GDP by 2030
- Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan sign new Grand Renaissance Dam agreement
- Nigeria’s history problem needs the light from “Half of a Yellow Sun”