1. West African rail network to connect Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo
West African and mining companies in the region are investing in a massive rail project which, when completed, will be 3,000 km long and link Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo.
2. The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
The Grand Renaissance Dam is under construction on the Blue Nile River in Ethiopia. It is claimed it will generate 6,000 MW of energy when completed.
3. The Mombasa-Kigali Railway Project
Stretching almost 3,000 kilometers and connecting three East African states, the Mombasa-Kigali railway will pass through Kampala, Uganda.
4. Kenya’s Konza Techno City
Konza Techno City will be built over 5,000 acres of land, 64km south of Nairobi. The business park is being marketed by the Kenyan government as part of the Kenya Vision 2030 development program.
The establishment of Konza City is one of the key flagships projects of Vision 2030 which will position Kenya as the regions ICT hub, according to the government.
Konza Techno City
Konza Techno City
5. The Ethiopia-to-Djibouti Rail Link
As part of the Ethiopian government’s Growth and Transformation plan, a 650-kilometer railway will be built to link up the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa and the Port of Doraleh in Djibouti.
The Ethiopia-to-Djibouti Rail Link is set to cost $1.2 billion, according to estimates from KPMG.
6. The Grand Inga Dam in the Democratic Republic of Congo
The Grand Inga Dam is a planned hydroelectric dam on the Congo River at Inga Falls. The project is expected to cost more than $80 billion in total.
7. SolarReserve’s Jasper Solar Power Project in South Africa
Renewable solar energy firm SolarReserve has 238MW of solar projects in construction in South Africa, including the Jasper Power Project.
- 11 giant infrastructure projects that are reshaping Africa
- Compelling investment markets in Africa – Inside Riscura’s Bright Africa 2015 Report: Debbie O’Hanlon, Senior Analyst, RisCura (Infographics)
- Real GDP Growth Rates (2007 – 2017) of Countries in Africa (Interactive Map & Chart)
- Africa’s megaprojects: 326 billion reasons Africa is on the move (Photos, Infographic & Video)
- East Africa’s second-tier cities hold untapped potential
- China’s slowdown – An opportunity for Africa to address longstanding economic inefficiencies: Aubrey Hruby, Co-Founder, Africa Expert Network
- Into Africa: The continent’s Cities of Opportunity – PwC (Video, Presentation, and Report)
- MasterCard and Ecobank partner to accelerate electronic payments adoption in 28 Sub-Saharan African countries
- Shop Africa 2016 (Report & Infographics): Knight Frank
- Africa50 Infrastructure Fund raises $830M in first closing
- Ethiopia eyes extra 12,000 MW in power projects by 2020: Azeb Asnake, CEO, Ethiopian Electric Power (EEPCo)
- Kenya signs $5.42B railway extension deal with Chinese firm
- Kenya vs. Tanzania: The race to build Sub-Saharan Africa’s largest port
- 10 budget airlines changing Africa’s skies
- Cement is the new oil as Africa’s richest man takes on Lafarge
- Kenya’s $50 billion megaprojects (Photos)
- Ethiopia’s $1.8B Gilgel Gibe III dam project could start power generation by June
- East Africa Targets Cross-Border Debt Sales to Fund New Railways
- Ethiopia: Africa’s fastest growing economy plans to issue first US dollar sovereign bond
- Prospects in Francophone Africa are bright: Kevin Murray, MD for West and Central Africa, Citi
- Ethiopia Commodity Exchange (ECX) considers adding stock & bond trading
- Africa’s richest man plans to almost double the continent’s cement production by 2020 (Infographic)
- Africa: A land of opportunity for property investors
- Africa the big prize for Abraaj private equity group
- Why you should care who’s in line to run the African Development Bank
- London Stock Exchange eyes dual listings on West African capital markets
- Africa: Now a major player in emerging markets financial services
- President Alassane Ouattara sees transformative potential in Ivory Coast’s economic comeback
- The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam: The $5B project that could turn Ethiopia into Africa’s water powerhouse
- Check out 10 airlines looking to change the face of Africa’s skies (Photos & Video)
- Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan sign new Grand Renaissance Dam agreement
- Nairobi to Mombasa high-speed railway opens
- Ethiopia bets on grand projects in drive for industrial power
- Here are the eight candidates running for African Development Bank President
- Ethiopia is the ideal environment for independent power producers (IPPs), says EEPCo CEO Azeb Asnake
- Why you should take chances: Marek Zmyslowski, Managing Director of top African hotel booking website Jovago (Video)
- Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan sign deal to end Nile dispute
- MTN Nigeria to transfer up to 9,151 towers to IHS-MTN joint venture
- Ethiopia to step up role as regional clean power exporter
- West African stock markets are planning to join forces (Video)