Western advertising and public relations agencies are increasingly merging with African counterparts to attract international corporate clients looking to break into Africa — considered the last frontier for consumer markets.
However, the emphasis is no longer on polishing the reputations of country leaders but in promoting multinational corporations keen to extend their African footprint.
Western public relations agents in Africa are often associated with laundering the image of a head of state or a government. Strategy group AKPD Message, founded by former Obama campaign manager David Axelrod, has been linked with Nigerian president-elect Muhammadu Buhari, whose campaign message promising change edged him to the top in the recent election.
Read more: African Ad Agencies Emerging as Force in World Market.
- Fact of the Day: Johannesburg, South Africa is the #1 tourist destination in Africa for the 4th year in a row
- Africa’s top five most travelled to cities: MasterCard
- Private equity firm Abraaj is interested in buying Barclays Africa (Infographics & Video)
- MasterCard and Ecobank partner to accelerate electronic payments adoption in 28 Sub-Saharan African countries
- U.S. Export Agency Doubles Africa Offices to Help Boost Trade
- Building a Boston in Cape Town: $13B dream rises from ashes of apartheid
- Compelling investment markets in Africa – Inside Riscura’s Bright Africa 2015 Report: Debbie O’Hanlon, Senior Analyst, RisCura (Infographics)
- South Africa losing buyout allure to fast-growing Sub-Saharan African rivals
- Ranks of African millionaires swell
- Barclays’ Exposure To Africa Is A Catalyst For Growth
- High stakes for high reward? Real estate funds come to Africa
- In South Africa, more evolution than revolution
- Fact of the Day: Johannesburg is Africa’s most visited city for second year in a row
- Which African countries will see the greatest growth in millionaires over the next 10 years?
- Luxury heavyweights eye Africa’s newly affluent
- 10 budget airlines changing Africa’s skies
- FastJet in talks to add 10 Airbus A319s by end of 2015: Ed Winter, CEO, FastJet
- South Africa’s largest REIT Growthpoint joins forces with Investec and IFC to invest in African real estate
- Africa Report 2015 – Real Estate Markets in a Continent of Growth and Opportunity: Knight Frank (Infographics & Report)
- Africa’s Prospects – Macro Environment, Business, Consumer and Retail Outlook Indicators (Infographics & Report): Nielsen
- Invest in This Walmart of Africa?
- Africa Exchange Guide 2015: African Alliance Capital Markets (Presentation)
- IPO Watch Africa 2014: PwC (Infographics & Report)
- African Markets Guide 2015: Barclays (Report)
- Real GDP Growth Rates (2007 – 2017) of Countries in Africa (Interactive Map & Chart)
- Africa attractiveness program 2016: EY (Infographics & Reports)
- Facebook to open 1st Africa office in Johannesburg. Ex-Ogilvy South Africa Chairman to head operations
- Interswitch Nigeria Sees Delayed IPO Concluded by End-2019
- Opportunities multiply as African ventures eye wider horizons
- Europe, Asia? No – Airbnb’s next big push is in Africa
- Chain reactions: savvy supply is key to success in the African luxury market
- Top property markets in Africa
- Liquid Telecom buys Neotel for $466M to form Africa’s largest fiber network
- Here are 4 ways for American investors to invest in Africa right now
- Expert opinion: Where in Africa would you invest $1 million?
- Into Africa: The continent’s Cities of Opportunity – PwC (Video, Presentation, and Report)
- African vacationers discover attractions of holidays in their home countries
- Shop Africa 2016 (Report & Infographics): Knight Frank
- Cheap Oil and Africa: The Winners, Losers, and In-Betweeners
- London Stock Exchange eyes dual listings on West African capital markets