The term ‘frontier markets’ is a useful way to group those countries that have economies that are less developed than those in emerging markets.
Such markets are probably more suitable for investors with a long-term investment horizon.
Mona Shah, portfolio manager, Rathbone multi-asset portfolios, suggests that people should invest with at least a 10-year outlook.
“I think [frontier markets] are definitely less liquid. I do think you have to invest with even a 10-year view in these markets because they can be so nascent,” she says.
Read more: Frontier markets – May 2015 – FTAdviser.com.
- Nigerian economy leads frontier market opportunities
- Big-tackling ex-Springbok rugby player Cobus Visagie starts Africa fund
- Nigeria, Argentina, and Vietnam Prove Top Picks for Multinationals – Frontier Strategy Group
- Buoyant Frontier Economies Shrug Off Gloomy Global Mood
- For rapid growth, Africa is the new China – Gavin Graham, Chief Strategy Officer, Integris Pension Management
- Global X MSCI Nigeria ETF: Speculative multi-year play approaching attractive valuation
- Bahraini firms eyeing major push in Africa: Ashburton Investments
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange flies with help from MSCI
- Opportunity rings in frontier markets like Nigeria
- Nigerian Stock Exchange to expand range to lure investors, says CEO Oscar Onyema
- South Africa joins emerging markets wave of sovereign bond sales
- Nine of the top twenty most interesting frontier markets are from Africa: Richard Leggett, CEO, Frontier Strategy Group (Video)
- Five private equity funds targeting real estate investments in Nigeria (Photos)
- Fact of the Day: Nigeria is the world’s most-watched frontier market
- Central Bank of Nigeria sees pressure on Naira easing after vote
- Gulf investments in Africa beginning to spread far and wide
- Main street invests in Africa’s stocks: Nile Fund’s Larry Seruma on the continent’s modernizing equity markets
- Africa the big prize for Abraaj private equity group
- Africa Comes Into View
- Bargain Hunters Pounce as Nigeria Stocks Rise for Eighth Day
- Nigerian regulators intervene after JP Morgan bond index action
- Prospectors detect hidden gems for Nigerian private equity
- Is Nigeria’s $300 million diaspora bond a worthwhile investment?
- Africa: A land of opportunity for property investors
- African Debt Offers Some Respite as Bond Rout Sweeps Globe
- African equity is emerging a hot choice
- Nigeria in political sweet spot after election: David McIlroy, Alquity’s Head of Africa Investments
- Why Invest in Africa? The Big Picture
- Nigerian Stock Exchange could start trading Naira futures as early as 2017, says CEO Oscar Onyema
- Bright Africa 2014 – A guide to equity investing on the continent: RisCura (Report)
- Africa to Rebound in 2017: Peter C. Thoms, CFA, Founder, Africa Capital Group
- EFG Hermes eyes acquisition in Nigeria, Kenya brokerage license
- Why Africa is the next emerging markets success story: Mark Mobius, Executive Chairman of the Templeton Emerging Markets Group
- The long case for the Global X Nigeria exchange-traded fund (ETF)
- Why And How You Can Profit Investing In Africa’s 1.1 Billion Consumers
- Egypt’s EFG Hermes looks to tap into fast-growing Sub-Saharan Africa
- How will US monetary tightening impact African markets?
- Africa’s richest man plans to almost double the continent’s cement production by 2020 (Infographic)
- Develop a strategy for Africa now before it’s too late, say Africa investment specialists Melissa Cook, CFA & Walé Adeosun, CFA
- Private Equity House Emerging Capital Partners (ECP) May Sell Stake in Nigeria’s Continental Reinsurance