Africa is vast. It is varied. When it comes to the region’s development, a host of differing narratives shape the story around its economic progress.
With a long-standing presence in the region, GE has worked with, and helped to nurture its tremendous potential. And GE has plans to magnify its commitment to Africa, focusing on local innovation, partnerships, and investing in local healthcare, power, infrastructure, and energy businesses.
GE in Africa has seen the many positive indicators first-hand: the size of the sub-Saharan economy has more than quadrupled since 2000. GDP is up—24 countries are growing at a rate greater than 5%—inflation has slowed, and African demographics are well positioned for growth: more than half the population is under age 20.
Read more: Africa’s neither ‘rising’ nor ‘falling’ but it is growing—fast – Quartz
- Africa: Now a major player in emerging markets financial services
- 3 reasons things are looking up for African economies: McKinsey & World Economic Forum
- Expert opinion: Where in Africa would you invest $1 million?
- The IMF Says The World’s In A Mess – But Not Africa
- Africa’s telecoms frontier (Video)
- Africa’s tech start-ups of the future
- Advancing Africa? No more ‘business as usual’: Akinwumi Adesina, Nigeria’s Agriculture Minister & candidate for AfDB President
- Investing in Africa – Nigeria vs East Africa: Malimu Museru, Senior Analyst, RisCura
- Billion dollar tech cities – Ghana’s Hope and Kenya’s Konza Techno: Boon or bane to Africa’s tech movement?
- Africa: A land of opportunity for property investors
- Government funding is just one avenue for African tech
- GE books $2.5B in African orders from oil to locomotives, beating 2018 target by $500M
- Lions go global: Deepening Africa’s ties to the United States
- 21 Nigerian tech CEOs at the top of their game
- As it expands in Africa, Uber adapts to local markets and adopts cash payments
- Africa is one of the few bright spots on the global economic horizon, says billionaire investor George Soros
- MTN Nigeria to transfer up to 9,151 towers to IHS-MTN joint venture
- High stakes for high reward? Real estate funds come to Africa
- Vodafone M-PESA and MTN Mobile Money agree to interconnect mobile money services
- Africa’s digital banking boom
- How Africans are using technology to solve problems (Infographic)
- Mark Zuckerberg has made a surprise visit to Nairobi to learn about mobile money
- Africa’s megaprojects: 326 billion reasons Africa is on the move (Photos, Infographic & Video)
- Kenya’s Equity Bank to expand to the DRC via acquisition in first step outside East Africa
- African Tech Hubs and VC Funds Hope to Bridge the Digital Divide
- In Africa, local companies outplay multinationals, says BCG report
- IBM launches research lab in Johannesburg. 2nd research lab in Africa after Nairobi
- Here are 7 predictions for Africa’s tech sector
- A New Map for Business in Africa
- Barclays decision to pull out of Africa is a sign of the bank’s weakness, not the continent’s potential
- PE Firm Providence Equity Enters Africa with Investment in Helios Towers Africa
- Startup Rising Africa
- Nigeria’s former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, urges investors to focus on inclusive growth
- East Africa’s burgeoning tech hubs (Video)
- Africa will have faster economic growth than any other region by 2040: PwC
- MTN Group: An interesting way to gain exposure to the African growth story (Infographic)
- 7 Myths About Doing Business in Sub-Saharan Africa
- In Africa’s oil capital, Africa’s richest man built an empire on sugar
- Why does Kenya lead the world in mobile money?
- African IPOs Set to Double Capital Raised in 2016: Baker & McKenzie (Infographics)