BON Hotel Addis Ababa
BON Hotels, a hospitality company that owns, manages and markets hotels throughout Africa, has added yet another property to its ever-growing stable.
BON Hotel Addis Ababa in Ethiopia is under construction and will open its doors to the public in the first quarter of 2017. Located just 10 minutes from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport and the city center, BON Hotel Addis Ababa will be a compelling option for the corporate, leisure and conference traveler.
This is the first, truly boutique hotel development in Addis Ababa, differentiated by its cutting-edge room design and upmarket, urban feel. The hotel is in the first phase of development, with further expansion opportunities already in the pipeline with the developer. Bon Hotel Addis Ababa will boast 48 spacious, funky rooms with innovative spaces, facilities, and meeting rooms. The hotel will offer contemporary, all-day dining prepared by an international kitchen brigade.
“We have witnessed enormous growth in the leisure market [in East Africa], which makes our move into East Africa all the more appealing,” said Guy Stehlik, CEO of BON Hotels. He said that it makes strategic sense to expand the group’s footprint to East Africa due to a number of factors. The Ethiopian Government has identified the hospitality sector as a key driver of the economy. The government has close ties with its national carrier, Ethiopian Airlines, which serves 92 international destinations and 53 African destinations with over 200 flights per day. Additionally, Addis Ababa is home to a world-class convention center.
YES! Hospitality East Africa, which oversees operations for BON Hotels in East Africa, has been a key driver of the project. YES! Hospitality will oversee all East African acquisitions for BON Hotels and facilitate upgrades, refurbishments, operations, procurement and technical requirements for each property, with BON Hotels overseeing sales and marketing.
“YES! Hospitality [has] a very experienced team who are well respected in the industry with several awards under their belt – they are best positioned to bring the BON brand to market and, along with the developers, who are forward-thinking and passionate, we can think of no one better to entrust our brand to,” added Stehlik. “With domestic travel in Ethiopia expected to increase by 6.2% by 2024, BON Hotel Addis Ababa will certainly contribute to this growth, and assist in providing employment for a tourism sector which already accounts for over one million direct jobs.”
BON Hotels, with five properties in Nigeria and a further nine under negotiation, together with others in Uganda, is one of the fastest-growing hotel groups in Africa and looks forward to continued growth in East Africa and throughout the continent.
- BON Hotels takes on second property in East Africa: Lake Heights Entebbe
- BON Hotels takes over management of four Protea Hotels locations in Nigeria
- Marriott International opens first Marriott Executive Apartments property in Africa (Photos)
- Ethiopia: The Addis millionaire’s club
- Fact of the Day: Addis Ababa has Africa’s highest hotel room rates
- Starwood Hotels accelerates growth in Africa with seven new deals
- AccorHotels signs deals to open three hotels in Ethiopia
- Africa’s other “Big 6”: Jude Uzonwanne, Associate Partner, Dalberg Global Development Advisors
- East Africa’s second-tier cities hold untapped potential
- Shop Africa 2016 (Report & Infographics): Knight Frank
- Africa: A land of opportunity for property investors
- Marriott Sees ‘Super Growth’ in Africa’s Three Biggest Economies: Alex Kyriakidis, President, Middle East and Africa, Marriott International
- Pizza Hut Enters Ethiopia in Latest Expansion Into Africa
- From chefs to musicians, talented ‘re-pats’ come back to build a modern Ethiopia
- Ethiopia predicts record $1.5B foreign direct investment in 2015
- Ethiopia aims to grow tourism threefold in five years
- Days Inn and Ramada Hotels owner Wyndham to open hotel in Ethiopian capital in first half of 2015: Bani Haddad, Vice President, Middle East & Africa, Wyndham
- Check out these four mega mall developments soon to be launched in Africa (Photos & Videos)
- Hilton becomes latest hotel chain to tap Ethiopia’s fast growth
- Here are seven of Africa’s largest infrastructure projects currently under construction (Photos)
- We will have four hubs in Africa: Tewolde Gebremariam, CEO, Ethiopian Airlines (Video)
- Ethiopia scrambles to meet property demand in booming capital
- 5 things to know about building business in Africa: Anthony Lewis, Director, Capital Markets, JLL Sub-Saharan Africa
- Work begins on the tallest skyscraper in Africa
- Starwood Hotels ramps up Nigeria portfolio with new Four Points in Benin City
- The Silo: Is this Africa’s best new hotel? Check out photos
- Kia Motors to assemble cars in Ethiopia
- The future of aviation in Africa (Video)
- Hilton Expands Presence in Nigeria with Signing of Hilton Lagos Airport
- Hotel development in Africa jumps 30% to 64,000 rooms for 2016
- Curio – A Collection by Hilton makes its Africa debut at Nigeria’s Murtala Muhammed International Airport
- Why you should take chances: Marek Zmyslowski, Managing Director of top African hotel booking website Jovago (Video)
- Africa the big prize for Abraaj private equity group
- Intra-African travel is about to become easier, safer and more open
- African Union members back Kenyan plan to leave International Criminal Court
- South Africa’s start-ups raise the highest amount in venture capital funding but Nigeria gets the highest number of investments
- Ethiopia launches 4G mobile service in Addis Ababa
- Standard Bank opens Ethiopia office to cater to fast growing economy
- Best Western continues Africa expansion with launch of first BW Premier Collection hotel on the continent
- Property fund Mara Delta agrees to buy Tamassa Resort in Mauritius