Role: African Business Central (“ABC”) is looking to hire a part-time Online Marketing Manager to join our experienced marketing and business development team which partners with companies to advertise their products and services via ABC’s multiple marketing channels. E.g., Highly-influential website africanbusinesscentral.com; email distribution list; and social media platforms.
In this role, your primary goals will be three-fold: (1) Executing event media partnerships; (2) Engaging potential and actual advertisers; and (3) Growing ABC’s reach, in terms of website traffic and social media engagement.
Your initial work will be the execution of event media partnership, which is work flow-based and, consequently, is very well-documented. Success in this role requires the ability to follow directions as documented, vigilant attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly. After this introductory work flow-based phase, you will be trained into additional self-directed roles that require the ability to produce high-quality work independently.
If you are excited by the challenge of working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, can keep your cool under deadline pressure, and do not walk away from a task until it is done, then this is the role for you.
Communication in this role will be primarily via email. Therefore, the candidate must be able to successfully operate in a virtual email-centric environment.
This role will start off as a part-time position, with the potential for significant growth in terms of scope and compensation. You will be paid a monthly rate in US dollars and, additionally, you will have the opportunity to earn commissions based on your how much business you generate.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented online marketing professional with a minimum of one year of experience. Demonstrated experience writing high-quality targeted, engaging emails to business prospects in perfect grammar and punctuation with zero spelling or semantic errors. Quick learner with ability to understand and diligently adhere to specifications as expressed in process documentation.
• Experience on the WordPress platform. Ability to read and make minor edits to HTML. Ability to make minor edits to images, such as resizing while making sure to maintain aspect ratio.
• Ability to respond to and act on email requests quickly. Ability to work in a virtual environment and collaborate via email and Dropbox.
• Reliable internet connection and working PC with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word) installed. Good working experience with Microsoft Office.
• Experience increasing and engaging followers on social media platforms, as well as boosting website traffic.
• Nice to have: Interest in and knowledge of global affairs, particularly on business, financial and economic news. Such knowledge in the context of the African continent is a bonus.
How to Apply:
If you think this role is for you, please send us your resume/CV. Please include links to previous relevant online work (such as websites, articles or graphics), if applicable.
African Business Central (“ABC”) is a leading online media company showcasing curated and original news on African Business, primarily, and all things Africa, in general.
ABC’s rapidly-growing site attracts tens of thousands of visitors every month that read and watch news, analyses, and opinions of business, economic, political, and cultural events in and about Africa.
ABC is making its mark around the world telling Africa’s success stories and highlighting the continent’s swift socio-economic ascent to a rapidly-growing global audience.
ABC’s core values are based on the notion that business, in general, and entrepreneurship, in particular, is the surest path to Africa’s socio-economic progress.