Location: Preference will be given to candidates based in Nigeria.
Role: A newly formed commercial agriculture venture in Nigeria is looking to hire an exceptionally dynamic and experienced individual with extensive knowledge of the Nigerian agricultural landscape. The role will initially be project based with the possibility of transitioning into a part-time or full-time role.
The key deliverable is a detailed concept paper of 5 commercially viable and profitable opportunities in the agriculture industry in Nigeria with possibility to expand beyond Nigeria.
In the formulation of this concept paper, the candidate would be expected to answer key questions (what, why, when, where and how) and use extensive analysis and knowledge of the key factors in the Nigerian agricultural landscape (crops, terrain, topology, location, weather, soil conditions, government schemes/incentives, agro grants & funds, policies, available skills, support infrastructure, consumption information, growth areas, forex/export opportunities, etc.) to develop the concept paper of several opportunities, preferably backed with facts, figures and statistics, in one or more of following sub-sectors:
• Value added services
• Contract manufacturing
• Any others
This concept phase is the first key phase of a developing large-scale commercial agriculture venture of which future phases will include feasibility study & business plan, setup & establishment, rollout & operations.
The candidate will be contracted on a project/consultancy basis. The candidates’ performance in this phase will determine future involvement in subsequent phases of this venture.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of agriculture and farming.
• Knowledge of the Nigerian agriculture industry.
• Knowledge of key factors affecting the Nigerian agriculture industry.
• Knowledge of key developments in the Nigerian agriculture industry.
• Knowledge of Nigerian geography, terrain and topology.
• Knowledge of key factors for success in the Nigerian agriculture industry.
• Knowledge of key challenges in the Nigerian agriculture industry.
• Knowledge of commercial, economic and business principles.
• Reasonable knowledge of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA).
• Reasonable knowledge of the Agriculture Promotion Policy (APP).
• Reasonable knowledge of the Growth Enhancement (Support) Scheme (GESS).
Qualifications: Formal education or training in agriculture or related space.
Experience: 5+ years experience as an agronomist, agricultural economist or related function in Nigeria.
• Report writing.
• Organisational skills.
• Presentation development.
• Analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Ability to work speedily and deliver quality results under pressure.
How to Apply:
If you think this role is for you, please send us your resume/CV.