Some property pundits believe there are major opportunities for investors or companies on the continent.
While most pundits will agree that the saying “Africa is not for sissies” rings true when it comes to property investment, some commentators believe that there are major opportunities for investors on the continent.
Over the past decades, a generally false idea has been burned into certain people’s minds that Africa is a continent of economic and social distress plagued by constant strife, its institutions rife with corruption and lacking governance.
Such an idea might be true for the handful of Africa’s failed states that certainly exist. However, most of the continent’s nations in fact enjoy robust political and economic progress, and far outnumber the few chaos countries.
Many people make the mistake of underestimating the continent, particularly in terms of investment opportunities, for example, in real estate.
Read more: Africa property offers rich pickings for the Brave – Africa Property Investment News | Commercial & Residential Property | Real Estate and Construction News
- Shop Africa 2016 (Report & Infographics): Knight Frank
- Into Africa: The continent’s Cities of Opportunity – PwC (Video, Presentation, and Report)
- Africa Report 2015 – Real Estate Markets in a Continent of Growth and Opportunity: Knight Frank (Infographics & Report)
- African Markets Guide 2015: Barclays (Report)
- Africa: A land of opportunity for property investors
- The role of cities in Africa’s rise: KPMG (Infographics & Report)
- Compelling investment markets in Africa – Inside Riscura’s Bright Africa 2015 Report: Debbie O’Hanlon, Senior Analyst, RisCura (Infographics)
- Real GDP Growth Rates (2007 – 2017) of Countries in Africa (Interactive Map & Chart)
- Top property markets in Africa
- Real estate: Building the future of Africa – PwC (Report)
- European Investment Bank Plans Africa Expansion Amid Growth
- Urbanization and population growth fuel African real estate
- Africa attractiveness program 2016: EY (Infographics & Reports)
- FastJet seeks South African investors to fund growth in bid to become the “first pan-African discount airline”
- 3 reasons things are looking up for African economies: McKinsey & World Economic Forum
- The African economy: Better than people think
- Why you should take chances: Marek Zmyslowski, Managing Director of top African hotel booking website Jovago (Video)
- The 2015 African Retail Development Index (Infographics, Video & Report): AT Kearney
- EXEO Capital’s agribusiness Agri-Vie Fund II attracts over $100M in first close
- Starwood Hotels accelerates growth in Africa with seven new deals
- Africa’s millionaires are in Nigeria, Egypt, South Africa with some in Kenya too (Infographics)
- Ranks of African millionaires swell
- The rise of Africa’s megacities
- Real Estate Transparency Improves in Sub-Saharan Africa
- African Property Delivers for Private Equity Investors: Derrick Roper, CEO, Novare Equity Partners
- 10 budget airlines changing Africa’s skies
- East Africa’s second-tier cities hold untapped potential
- IPO Watch Africa 2014: PwC (Infographics & Report)
- Africa’s richest man plans to almost double the continent’s cement production by 2020 (Infographic)
- MasterCard and Ecobank partner to accelerate electronic payments adoption in 28 Sub-Saharan African countries
- Africa’s big cities are investment bright spots, says private equity firms Abraaj and Actis
- Africans Open Fuller Wallets to the Future
- Which African countries will see the greatest growth in millionaires over the next 10 years?
- Here are seven of Africa’s largest infrastructure projects currently under construction (Photos)
- Check out these four mega mall developments soon to be launched in Africa (Photos & Videos)
- African economic growth: The twilight of the resource curse?
- Africa Exchange Guide 2015: African Alliance Capital Markets (Presentation)
- Citi to Deutsche Bank on charm offensive in Africa as banks clamor for bond issuance deals
- Africa’s Prospects – Macro Environment, Business, Consumer and Retail Outlook Indicators (Infographics & Report): Nielsen
- High stakes for high reward? Real estate funds come to Africa